Mrs. Cubbison's Crunchy Pot Pie
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 40 min
1/2 box (6 oz.) of Mrs. Cubbison's Traditional Seasoned Stuffing
1/2 lb; chicken tenders, cut in 1" chunks
1/2 cup; each: red pepper, yellow pepper; zucchini
1/2 cup; leeks, thinly sliced
1 cup; fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup; white wine
3 cup; chicken stock, divided
3 Tbsp; cornstarch
1/4 cup; water
1 stick; butter, divided
1 Tbsp; olive oil
1 Tbsp; fresh thyme
1/2 tsp; poultry seasoning
1/4 tsp; granulated garlic
1/2 tsp; ground sage
Salt & pepper to taste
1 pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Saute vegetables in 2 Tbsp butter until softened (about 5 minutes).
- Remove vegetables to a bowl.
- In the same pan, brown chicken in olive oil and 1 Tbsp butter. Deglaze with white wine. Simmer 3 minutes, reducing slightly.
- Return vegetables to pan. Add thyme, poultry seasoning, and garlic. Add 2 cups chicken stock & bring to a boil.
- Mix cornstarch in water & add to pan; stir well as sauce thickens. Stir in 2 Tbsp butter; salt & pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
- Combine Mrs. Cubbison's Traditional Seasoned Stuffing, in a medium sized mixing bowl, with remaining 1 cup chicken stock and sage. Mix well.
- Fill piecrust 3/4 full with chicken mixture. Top generously with layer of Mrs. Cubbison's dressing mixture. Dot top of dressing with remaining butter.
- Bake 40 minutes or until top of dressing & edge of pie crust are golden brown.
- Slice & serve. Garnish with cranberry dressing.
This recipe comes courtesy of:
Frank Stewart - 3rd Place Winner - Mrs. Cubbison's Recipe Contest 2009
Los Angeles Trade Tech Culinary School's 12th Annual Student Chef Thanksgiving Stuffing Cook-Off