5 Layer "Stuff" Cake
3 1/4 oz sugar
1 1/4 oz cake flour
4 1/2 oz crushed Mrs. Cubbison's Traditional Seasoned Stuffing
6 oz egg whole
4 oz egg white
1/2 oz sugar, granulated
1 1/2 oz unsalted butter
6 oz spicy Italian sausage
6 oz chanterelle mushrooms
1/2 cup celery
1/2 cup onion
1 tsp garlic
4 oz butter
1/2 c Asian pear
6 oz manufacturing cream
8 oz heavy turkey stock
6 oz cranberry relish
6 oz apple relish
5 oz dried cherries
2 oz dried cranberries
3 oz calvados brandy
1/2 c powdered gelatin
- Soak the cherries in the brandy.
- Saute the Italian sausage, mushrooms, celery, onion and garlic together in the butter and heavy stock. Cool. Once it is cool – run in the food processor so the pieces are small bits.
- Toast 3 c of Mrs. Cubbison's stuffing until it is really crispy and crunchy.
- Make the sponge cake. When the cake is panned, sprinkle the bits of ingredients from the food processor on top of the cake mix, then bake.
- While the cake is baking, make a cranapple cherry relish. Whip the heavy cream. Take the cranapple cherry relish and divide it into 3 equal parts. Put two parts of cranapple cherry relish through a fine sieve. Take the whipping cream and add 1 part of the cranapple cherry relish.
- Bloom the gelatin and add one part cranapple cherry relish.
- When the cake is cooled cut into 3 equal parts.
- Put one layer down. Top the first layer with 1 part of the cranapple cherry relish that has not been diluted. On top of this layer sprinkle with brunoise Asian pear.
- Add one more layer of “cake".
- Top this layer with the cranapple cherry relish that has the whipped cream
- Add another layer of the “cake".
- Top the layer with the cranapple cherry relish that has the gelatin. This is the top layer and it is a “glaze" to the cake.
- On top of this “cake", around the top ring, make a small mound with the toasted stuffing crumbs so it sort of resembles a crown.
- Add more glaze.
This recipe comes courtesy of:
Laurie Worthy - 2nd Place Winner - Mrs. Cubbison's Recipe Contest 2012
Los Angeles Trade Tech Culinary School's 15th Annual Student Chef Thanksgiving Stuffing Cook-Off