Stuffing Crust Pizza
Prep Time: 90 min
Cook Time: 25 to 35 min
1 box (12 oz.) of Mrs. Cubbison's Traditional Seasoned Stuffing
3 Cups; Bread Flour (sifted)
1 Tablespoon; Instant Yeast
2 Cups; Chicken Stock or Chicken Base
1 Cup; Olive Oil
4 Ounces; Warm Water
2 Ounces; Italian Seasoning
Pizza Sauce and Toppings:
1 Tablespoon; Olive Oil
1/4 Cup; Onion (Small Dice)
1 Tablespoon; Garlic (Minced)
2 Cups; Can Diced Tomatoes
1 Tablespoon; Tomato Paste
1 Tablespoon; Basil (Dried)
1 Tablespoon; Oregano (Dried)
1/2 Tablespoon; Black Pepper
Salt (To Taste)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Activate Yeast into warm water.
- In mixing bowl mix together dressing mix, flour, Italian seasoning, basil, oregano and mix thoroughly.
- Add oil and mix thoroughly.
- Add chicken stock or base, add yeast to mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Form dough & allow to rest for at least 5 minutes.
- Roll dough out 1/8 of an inch thick.
- Proof dough for at least 1 hour by placing dough in a bowl covering with plastic and allowing glutens to rest.
- Dough can also be proofed in a Proofer for a minimum of 15 minutes.
- Pre-bake dough for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- In Small Sauce Pan: Heat olive oil add onions. Until tender, stir in garlic and sauté until tender. Add tomato sauce/tomato paste. Add basil, oregano, black pepper & seasoning salt. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Top dough with sauce, mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese, diced peppers, diced onion, pepperoni and diced tomatoes.
- Bake pizza on baking sheet until cheese is melted and crust to the texture of your choice.
This recipe comes courtesy of:
Randy Greene - 3rd Place Winner - Mrs. Cubbison's Recipe Contest 2010
Los Angeles Trade Tech Culinary School's 13th Annual Student Chef Thanksgiving Stuffing Cook-Off