Mrs. Cubbison's Stuffing Muffins
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 30 - 35 min
1/2 box (6 oz.) of Mrs. Cubbison's Traditional Seasoned Stuffing
12 oz; chicken broth
4 oz; butter
1/2 onion; finely chopped
5 oz; eggs, beaten
4 stalks; celery, finely chopped
2 oz; apple, finely chopped
Maple Mashed Sweet Potatoes:
1 (1lb. 13 oz.) can; sweet potatoes, mashed
1 oz.; maple syrup
1/2 oz.; salt (1/4 tsp.)
1/2 oz.; butter
1/2 oz.; fresh orange juice
1/4 cup; pecans, chopped and toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 12 muffin cups.
- Saute chopped onion and celery in butter until onion is lightly browned.
- Mix 1 bag of Mrs. Cubbison's Traditional Seasoned Stuffing with sautéed onions and celery, beaten eggs, apples and chicken broth until combined.
- Spoon mixture into 12 greased muffin cups.
- Bake on middle rack of preheated 350°F oven for 30-35 minutes until muffins are firm and internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Heat sweet potatoes in saucepan until warm.
- Remove from heat and beat sweet potatoes until light and fluffy. While beating add maple syrup, butter, orange juice and salt.
- Place warm sweet potatoes in pastry bag fitted with No. 8 star tip. Pipe sweet potatoes over each Stuffing Muffin. Sprinkle each muffin with toasted chopped pecans.
This recipe comes courtesy of:
Elaine McElhinney - 2nd Place Winner - Mrs. Cubbison's Recipe Contest 2005
Los Angeles Trade Tech Culinary School's 8th Annual Student Chef Thanksgiving Stuffing Cook-Off