Fruited Sausage and Yam Stuffing
Prep Time: 15 to 20 min
Cook Time: 20 min
- In a large nonstick pot, brown sausage over medium heat, turning frequently to brown on all sides. Add reserved liquid from pineapple chunks plus water and chicken broth; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn off stove, remove cooked sausages, and drain on paper towels until cool enough to handle. Dice the cooled sausage links into small pieces.
- Reheat pot with liquid in it over medium heat, adding margarine and celery. Bring to low boil; stir in 3/4 package of dried cherries, drained pineapple chunks and diced sausage.
- Cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Turn heat off and stir in 2 cups of cut up yams and Mrs. Cubbison's Seasoned Corn Bread Stuffing until well combined and evenly moist.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a casserole dish with cooking oil spray.
- Spoon stuffing mixture into casserole dish, top with remaining cut up yams, dried cherries and chopped pecans.
- Cover and bake on middle rack of preheated 350°F oven for 20 minutes until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Remove from oven; remove foil and serve.
Pairs well with chicken, Cornish game hens, ham, pork or turkey.