Mrs. Cubbison's Italian "Steak" and Peppers
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 20 min
1 package; Mrs. Cubbison's Original Restaurant Style Croutons
2 tablespoons; olive oil
1/4 cup; bottled Italian salad dressing
1 large egg
1 - 1 1/2 pounds; cube steak, cut into strips
1 small; green pepper seeded and sliced
1 small; red pepper, seeded and sliced
1 (15 ounce) can; Del Monte traditional spaghetti sauce
1 (16 ounce) package; pasta, cooked and drained
- Place the entire package of croutons in a food processor and pulse into crumbs.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Whisk together Italian salad dressing and egg, and then coat the cube steak strips with egg mixture.
- Pour the crumbed croutons into a one-gallon zip top bag; drop the meat into the bag, seal and shake until all are evenly coated with crumbs.
- Drop coated steak strips into the skillet. Using tongs, turn each steak strip until evenly browned on all sides.
- Place green and red pepper slices over the browned meat, pour canned spaghetti sauce over the meat and peppers, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for about ten minutes.
- Serve over cooked pasta.
Goes great with a side salad and crunchy, fresh bread for a satisfying meal.