Oven-Fried, Caesar Chicken Breasts
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 25 to 30 min
1 5-ounce bag; Mrs. Cubbison's Caesar Croutons
1/3 cup; bottled Caesar salad dressing
1 tablespoon; light mayonnaise
1 teaspoon; lemon juice
4 large, fresh chicken breasts; either bone in and skin on or boneless, skinless
Grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F and lightly coat a cookie sheet with canola or olive oil spray.
- Place entire package of croutons into a food processor and pulse until crumbed.
- Whisk together Caesar salad dressing, mayonnaise and lemon juice until creamy; pour into a pie dish (or other shallow dish) and coat the chicken pieces evenly with the mixture.
- Pour crouton crumbs into a gallon sized zip top bag, and one at a time place a coated chicken breast into the bag, shake lightly to cover with the crumbs, and place on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese if desired.
- Bake at 375°F on the center rack of your oven for 25-30 minutes, or until golden browned.
- Check for doneness of chicken by piercing with a meat fork—juices should run clear.
- Remove and serve.
Goes great with a side Caesar salad and steamed, baby red potatoes.