* For reduced sodium, use unsalted butter and reduced sodium chicken broth or water.
For Light Recipe, reduce butter or margarine to 1/4 cup and increase broth or water 1/4 cup.
- Spray slow cooker (5qt) with non-stick spray.
- Melt butter and set aside.
- In the slow cooker, whisk celery, onions, chicken broth or water and eggs. Then gradually whisk in melted butter.
- Add stuffing mix and toss until little liquid is left on the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Place lid and turn onto HIGH setting. Cook on high for 1 hour 25 minutes.
- Turn off. Carefully remove the lid, toss the stuffing and cover again. Let sit 5 minutes before serving.