Oven Casserole Directions
* For reduced sodium, use unsalted butter and reduced sodium chicken broth or water.
For Light Recipe, reduce butter or margarine to 1/4 cup and increase broth or water 1/4 cup.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9" x 13" casserole dish (3qt) with non-stick spray.
- In a large sauce pan (5qt), melt butter on medium heat, sauté vegetables until translucent. Remove from heat.
- Add stuffing mix and stir in chicken broth or water gradually. For a richer stuffing, add a well beaten egg and mix thoroughly.
- Pour stuffing into greased casserole dish, cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Uncover last 15 minutes for crisper top.