* For reduced sodium, use unsalted butter and reduced sodium chicken broth or water.
For Light Recipe, reduce butter or margarine to 1/4 cup and increase broth or water 1/4 cup.
- In a large sauce pan (5qt), melt butter on medium heat, sauté vegetables until translucent.
- Stir in chicken broth or water and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat, add stuffing mix and blend lightly.
- Do not stuff turkey until just before roasting.
- Stuff lightly in neck and body cavities allowing for expansion.
- Close openings and roast turkey as usual.