Caper and Herb Stuffed Trout
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 40 min
4 pound; cleaned whole sea bass or other fish
juice of 1 lemon
1/2 box (6 oz.) of Mrs. Cubbison's Traditional Seasoned Stuffing or Cornbread Stuffing
1/2 cup; chopped celery
1/4 cup; chopped onion
2 tablespoons; chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons; chopped capers
1/2 teaspoon; dried tarragon
1/2 cup; melted butter or margarine
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup; chicken broth
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Liberally grease a baking dish and set aside.
- To make the stuffing, in a medium-sized bowl, combine the stuffing mix, celery, onion, parsley, capers, and tarragon.
- Stir in the butter or margarine and the egg. Then gradually stir in just enough broth to moisten the mixture to the desired consistency. Set aside.
- Rinse the fish and pat it dry. Place it in the prepared baking dish and rub the interior of the fish with the lemon juice. Then sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stuff the fish with the prepared mixture and secure with toothpicks or skewers. Brush the outside of the fish with the butter, margarine, or oil.
- Place the fish in the oven and bake uncovered for 40 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
Salt to taste
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Melted butter, melted margarine, or vegetable oil