Stuffed Pumpkin Dessert
Servings: 6 to 8
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 40 min
1/2 box (6 oz.) of Mrs. Cubbison's Traditional Seasoned Stuffing
1/2 cup Fresh Gourmet Dried and Sweet Cranberries
1 medium sized Red Apple, cored and diced
1 medium sized Green Apple, cored and diced
1 small Pumpkin
1/2 cup Butter, packed
12 oz. Cranberry Juice
6 oz. Orange Juice
2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 cup Brown Sugar and hand full for walls of pumpkin
1 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
To taste Nutmeg, ground
To taste Orange zest (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- Wash, cut the top, and gut out the pumpkin so it is free of seeds, and then take a hand full of brown sugar to coat the walls of the pumpkin evenly.
- Wash, core, and dice the apples, and measure out a 1/2 cup of Fresh Gourmet Dried and Sweet Cranberries.
- In a pan, melt the butter and add Cranberries, apples, and some orange zest, if desired.
- In a separate pan, pour liquid in. Bring to a boil and turn down to a simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add in vanilla. Add in brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg before adding in the Mrs. Cubbison's Traditional Seasoned Stuffing, stirring in until all bread pieces are covered with the liquid completely.
- Stuff the pumpkin with completed Mrs. Cubbison's Traditional Seasoned Stuffing, and put in the oven with the top on for the first 30 minutes of bake time.
- Remove top from pumpkin for 10 more minutes, or until lightly browned.
Left over stuffing can be used with chicken or other poultry because it is so versatile.
This recipe comes courtesy of:
Samantha Meyers - 3rd Place Winner - Mrs. Cubbison's Recipe Contest 2008
Los Angeles Trade Tech Culinary School's 11th Annual Student Chef Thanksgiving Stuffing Cook-Off