Stuffed Mexican Squash
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 40 min
1/2 box (6 oz.) of Mrs. Cubbison's Seasoned Corn Bread Stuffing
1/2 cup; Melted Butter
1 1/2 Roma Tomatoes (small dice)
1/4 cup; Chicken Broth
1/2 cup; Celery (small dice)
12 oz; Package Queso Fresco
1/2 cup; Green Bell Peppers (small dice)
6 Mexican quash
1/2 cup; Onions (small dice)
6-8 cups; water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Saute the celery, onions, and bell peppers until they start to brown. Then remove from heat, add 6 oz. bag of Mrs. Cubbison's Seasoned Corn Bread Stuffing, mix in well.
- Next add melted butter, chicken broth, tomatoes, and crumbled cheese mix in well.
- Bring water to a boil, then add salt to water. Once the water has returned to a boil, add squash and boil for 4 minutes.
- Remove squash from water and put in an ice bath to shock the squash and prevent it from over cooking. When the squash has cooled, cut in half lengthwise and remove seeds.
- Refill the squash with the stuffing mixture slightly overfilling them. Place in a baking pan and bake for 40 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
This recipe comes courtesy of:
Jose Sosa - 1st Place Winner - Mrs. Cubbison's Recipe Contest 2005
Los Angeles Trade Tech Culinary School's 8th Annual Student Chef Thanksgiving Stuffing Cook-Off