California King Salmon Salad
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 5 min (per 1/2-inch of Thickness of the Salmon)
1 pound California King Salmon filets
Olive Oil Spray
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
1 1/2 tsp. fresh rosemary leaves minced
1 (5- or 6-ounce) bag spring salad mix or your favorite mix
1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced, then cut in half
1/4 cup of mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
1 bag Mrs. Cubbison's Garlic & Butter Focaccia Croutons or Asiago Cheese Ciabatta Croutons
Vinaigrette or your favorite salad dressing to taste
- Spray broiler pan or grill with the cooking spray. Preheat oven broiler or grill.
- Mix the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic and rosemary. Brush mixture on both sides of the fish.
- Place fish under the broiler or on the grill. Broil about 4 inches from the heat for 5 minutes per half-inch of thickness, or until fish is flaky in the middle.
- Cut salmon into 3 - 4 inch chunks.
- In a big bowl, add salad mix, red bell peppers, mushrooms, and tomatoes.
- Top with salmon chunks and croutons. Toss with your favorite dressing, or serve dressing on the side and enjoy!
This salad is just as good with cold salmon as it is with hot. For a quick meal, use last night's salmon from dinner for the salad or, if planning ahead for your meal, prepare the salmon and salad separately (don't add the dressing or croutons yet) and store in the refrigerator until you are ready for your meal. When you are ready to serve, simply put the salmon on the veggies and greens, then add the dressing and croutons!