Cajun Shrimp & Andouille Stuffing
Prep Time: 45 min
Cook Time: 30 min
1 box (12 oz.) of Mrs. Cubbison's Seasoned Corn Bread Stuffing
1 pound; Andouille sausage, cooked and drained, cut into 1/2 inch rounds
1 1/2 cups; butter
1 cup; onions, chopped, medium dice
1 cup; celery, chopped, small dice (about 3-4 stalks)
1 teaspoon; dried sage
1 teaspoon; granulated garlic
1/2 teaspoon; ground black pepper
2 teaspoons; Old Bay Seasoning
2 cans (14-ounce); chicken stock
3 eggs, beaten
1 pound; raw medium shrimp, cleaned and deveined
1 cup; Fresh Gourmet Dried & Sweet Cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place sausage in pan and cook in oven until lightly browned. Drain and set aside.
- Place 1/2 cup butter in frying pan, add onions and celery. Sauté until onions and celery are soft.
- Add in sage, garlic, pepper, and Old Bay Seasoning.
- In a mixing bowl, combine sautéed onions, garlic and remaining 1 cup of butter into Mrs. Cubbison's Seasoned Corn Bread Stuffing mix.
- Combine chicken stock and eggs and pour mixture over stuffing mix.
- Add shrimp, sausage and cranberries to mixture. Place mixture in baking pan and bake for 30 minutes in preheated 350°F oven.
Any variation of Andouille sausage can be used and more chicken stock can be used for added moisture.
This recipe comes courtesy of:
Youth Opportunities Unlimited - 2nd Place Winner - Mrs. Cubbison's Recipe Contest 2011
Careers through Culinary Arts Program's 1st Annual High School Thanksgiving Stuffing Cook-Off