Spicy Mango Stuffing
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 20 min
1/2 box (6 oz.) of Mrs. Cubbison's Traditional Seasoned Stuffing or Seasoned Corn Bread Stuffing
1/2 cup; green bell pepper (sm. dice)
1/2 cup; red bell pepper (sm. dice)
1/2 cup; yellow bell pepper (sm. dice)
1/2 cup; onion (sm. dice)
1/2 stalks; of celery (sm. dice)
3/4 cups; butter
1/2 cup; of turkey giblets (gizzards, hearts, livers, dark meat turkey pieces) boiled and finely diced
1/2 Tbsp; poultry seasoning
1 Tbsp; Rubbed Sage
1/2 Tbsp; pepper
1 tsp; Salt (or to taste)
Spicy Mango Sauce:
1 cup; Ripened Mango (med. dice)
1/2 cup; sugar
1/4 cup; orange juice
Guajillo Chili finely minced (or to taste)
1/4 cup; cornstarch
1/4 cup; water
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a medium sauté pan, brown bacon. Add the butter to melt. Add all the bell peppers, onions, and celery and sauté until tender. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add one bag of Mrs. Cubbison's Traditional Seasoned Stuffing or Seasoned Corn Bread Stuffing. Mix in chicken stock. Add giblets, all sauté ingredients and mix well. Stir in eggs. Set mixture aside.
- In a small mixing bowl add mango, sugar, orange juice and Chili (or to taste). Set aside.
- Heavily butter 8 3" ring molds and place on sheet pan.
- Add 1/2 cup of Stuffing mixture to each mold.
- Layer a thin layer of mango mixture to each mold, keep 1/4 cup for topping.
- Bake on middle rack of preheated 375°F oven for 20 minutes until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- In a small saucepot dissolve cornstarch. Add remaining Mango Mixture and cook on a low flame until slightly thickened.
- Top each serving with mango sauce and serve.
This recipe comes courtesy of:
Lisa Kirk - 1st Place Winner - Mrs. Cubbison's Recipe Contest 2009
Los Angeles Trade Tech Culinary School's 12th Annual Student Chef Thanksgiving Stuffing Cook-Off