Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 20 min
1 1/2 cup; chicken stock
1 oz; Butter
1 oz; Flour
8 oz; Lychee with juice
1/2 cup; Parmesan
1 cup; Button Mushrooms
5 oz; Butter
1/2 oz; Thyme
1 oz; Red Wine
1 box (12 oz.) of Mrs. Cubbison's Traditional Seasoned Stuffing
2 cups; Spinach
2 oz; Almonds (toasted)
2 cloves; Garlic
1 cup; Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Create Roux by taking 1 oz of butter and 1 oz of flour, cook and stir until flour is cooked.
- Place 1 1/2 cup of stock and apply seasoning. Stir until sauce thickens minced lychee and reduce with juice to a half and combine to veloute.
- Puree button mushrooms, sauté in butter, shallots, thyme, red wine.
- Blanch spinach and shock in ice bath.
- Combine and blend to paste. Salt & pepper to taste.
- Toss in pesto with Mrs. Cubbison's basic recipe found on the box. Place on half sheet pan, bake for 5 minutes.
- Place in greased casserole dish and pour veloute over the dressing. Bake on middle rack of preheated 350°F oven for 15 minutes until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
This recipe comes courtesy of:
Gary Van Nguyen - 2nd Place Winner - Mrs. Cubbison's Recipe Contest 2008
Los Angeles Trade Tech Culinary School's 11th Annual Student Chef Thanksgiving Stuffing Cook-Off