Pork Chops with Creamy Mushroom Gravy
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 30 min
1 5-ounce; Mrs. Cubbison's Butter & Garlic Croutons
2 tablespoons; butter
4-5 thin cut pork chops
1 large egg; well beaten
1 (10 ounce) can; condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/4 cup; dry white wine (or water plus a squeeze of fresh lemon juice)
1 small can; sliced mushrooms, drained
- Place the entire package of croutons in a food processor and pulse into course crumbs.
- Using a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Dip the pork chops into the beaten egg and coat with the crouton crumbs evenly on both sides.
- Place into skillet and brown on each side for 2-3 minutes per side.
- While the pork chops are browning, combine condensed cream of mushroom soup with wine (or water and lemon juice), whisking until smooth.
- Pour over the pork chops, sprinkle the drained, sliced mushrooms over the top, cover your skillet, reduce heat to low and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Goes great with a tossed garden salad and/or steamed rice.